Thursday, January 27, 2011

At Last

Tuesday was an off day......... I just didn't feel up to much of anything............ I did get upstairs long enough to finish my second little cross stitch.......... I even found some fabric for the pillow....


Wednesday morning I put the remains of my little pot roast in my small crock pot. It is just a one quart but is perfect for making soup for two................. I added chicken broth, a can of mixed vegetables and some barley............. It was delicious for lunch today.



Then I started decorating the living room................ The pillow by the lamp ended up being moved as you will see later.

I also finally realized (just where was my brain) that the curtain covered the heat vent. No wonder that room was always so cold. I tied one side back and it did feel warmer last night.

I stitched ribbons to the back of two placemats and tied them to the chairs.

The wreath is light and is being held in place with double face tape....... The Angel from Christmas has become a cupid for Valentine's Day.



A candle in the red vase with white hearts and you can see the small pillow here instead of on the table........


My vase of snowdrops with a red candle.....


and a heart place mat on each end table..............





I was blessed to have Vickie drop in for tea.......... She brought along the whale quilt she is making for her grandson. How nice to have such creative friends......... some of it rubs off on occasion.........



She also gave me a Mug Rug that she had made.......................


I thought it too nice to put a mug on.......... It might get dirty so I put a small candle on it instead.



It looks lovely on the space between the office and the kitchen..........


Today I was Susan Good Wife till noon and then I came upstairs to catch up with my blogging friends and perhaps even to finish my second pillow.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I sure do love the way you decorated for Valentine's Day... All your great finds and hand work looks lovely... I just love the mug rug that Vickie made... You are right, that it is better with the candle on it... I would not want to mess it up either... The Whale Quilt is Beautiful...Vickie is so talented... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day spent decorating. Great going on the XS piece and the mug rug is so cute with the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOw fun to have a peak at your house! Lovely decorations...I especially love your Irish chain quilts...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for sharing all the pictures...love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10