Sunday, December 26, 2010

This is a kit I got from Temecula Quilt Company. They offered it on their blog free if you placed a $10.00 order.

Of course I cut the first piece wrong. Sometime after the first of the year I must call them about getting more wool.............. It is a delightful little kit that came in the brown paper bag with the snowflake stamped on the front. Even included a peppermint candy cane......


Yesterday and today I have done some re-arranging in the studio. I moved out the top layer of baskets and put the fabric boxes on top of the baskets under the cutting table instead.


Lem wanted to go out for air for one of the tires before the predicted snow came along. I asked if he would stop at the Christmas Tree shop if I went along........

I found this delightful little casserole dish for $4.99........... I am going to try to make a chicken pot pie in it tonight for supper.

I found these travel mugs on sale for $1.00 each. I have a few people I want to make Mug Rugs for and these will be perfect to go with them.



Temecula Quilt Company is offering a free pattern. I found the first block HERE. Of course I printed the first installment. I have been wanting to learn how to do the freezer paper applique they mention and I just might give it a try with this project.


I want to make some purse accessories for my friend Lu. This is the fabric I selected.



I have been working on the free Tea Towel offering from Bird Brain Designs..........


I have my Schnibbles fabric all ready to go...............


And of course the kit with the Opps............



At least the Schnibbles project is on my UFO Challenge list...........

I am going back to my tea towel embroidery. It won't be long before I have to go downstairs to cook.







4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a plethora of projects to keep you busy! I love the freezer paper applique method and prefer it to others. I'm in the midst of a project using it and will show it later. I'm excited for this new year and all the changes that will be coming my way. I hope to be at my machine more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a TO DO list that will outdo Santa's gift list!

    But it's always good to plan ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really organized to start sewing for the New Year. I love the mugs. I haven't been to the Christmas Tree store in awhile so guess I should stop there soon. You will be prepared for gift giving. Your fabric selections are beautiful. Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan.. You sure have been busy... You are soooo organized... I have not planned what I am going to do for the New Year... I know I have a quilt to make for my cousin but I guess I will wing it...I have done freezer paper applique but, I rather do needle turn... Good luck with your applique.... I can't waite to see your finished projects... Happy New Year to You and Lem... Keep warm.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10