Monday, December 06, 2010

Saturday Shopping

Well, so much for finishing a few things. Saturday I went to Heartbeat Quilts for their end of the year sale..........................

Yes, I should have stayed at home and worked on Christmas gifts but my list of necessities was growing and I needed a break.

Saturday morning Lem and I did the house blessing because someone wanted to look at the house at noon. We got that done and did errands while strangers toured our home. Then I took him back to the house and I headed off to the big city of Hyannis. Only 30 minutes away but you would think it was much farther because of how rarely we go there.....

I had a few things in my bag that I had been carrying around for a very long time while I looked for exactly what I wanted..........

One was a pillow from Crab apple Hill. I found some fabric for this pattern and if I am smart I can begin on my presents for next year.





I also picked up some fabric for Bonnie Hunter's Christmas Lights pattern.


And I wanted to make some pillowcases................ I got these fabrics


and these looked like fun fabrics for pillowcases too........................



Everyone needs a Purple Thang and of course more needles for me to lose.......


While I was waiting for my fabric to be cut I found this..................


Doesn't that quilt just speak to you........... And I have those two big bags of scrap fabrics that would be perfect for this project. I plan to look downstairs some time this week for the red center fabric. I had some last year that I really liked and I used some of it for Christmas Stockings. I put the rest away for something special and this is just the project. Yes, it will take a long time but then again it is the perfect Leader/Ender project.


And this was in the same magazine................ And I already have a drawer full of strips to make the pieced blocks.





I picked up these two fabrics for the background and the green border. Another Leader/Ender project here.

After the Christmas presents are wrapped and ready I need to start on more piecing projects in the studio. After all, I am working now on a Log Cabin quilt as a Leader/Ender and here I have two more lined up............... 2011 looks to be a great year.

Oh, by the way............. The people that looked at the house on Saturday are coming back again today for a second look. Who knows, they just might make a decent offer........

3 comments:

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Susan... I wish I was shopping with you at Heartbeats... I sure love that store... The fabric's you got are wonderful... The colors are lushious... I can not believe you got so many projects to start for next year... You are so way ahead of me....Well it will surly keep you off the street's..LOL... GOOD LUCK with the house... :)

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Susan... Thanks so much for the "House and Garden Quilt" pattern.. I go it today... You are too much.. and the Best... :)

Barbara J said...

Oooh ... what lovely fabrics! Jo Morton's Courthouse Steps is so warm and cozy!

Good luck in your house offer!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10