Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I started yesterday by being Susan Goodwife..............

I cooked some macaroni (and learned that one cup of dry macaroni is all I need to fix for Lem and I....)


Cooked 1/2 half an onion and one stalk of celery in two tablespoons of butter.


Added two tablespoons of flower to the pan and stirred it till the flour started to brown a bit.



Added one cup of milk and one cup of shredded cheese.



Stirred that till the cheese melted and added it to the drained macaroni along with 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken. Well really the chicken is from the rotisserie chicken that Stop and Shop had on sale for $5.00 Friday. We had the sliced chicken breast on Friday and now I have gotten all the rest of the chicken off the bones for this casserole. I had enough to fill two small individual casserole dishes to give to a friend and after we had dinner there was still enough left for my lunch for several days. This chicken is really going places.







To give the day an added advantage my dear friend Jean Mello from Mequon stopped in. She was on the Cape for quilters retreat and was good enough to share some of her time with me. She looks great and it was wonderful to see her once more. She is the friend that made the baby blanket for our new great grandbaby, Drew..........




5 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I'm always interested in tasty but easy dish. I'll have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The macaroni and cheese looks delicious! I must give it a try some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! My kids love homemade mac n cheese....and it looks incredibly easy, which is right up my alley:)
    Thanks!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan... I could taste the mac and cheese ... Looks yummy... What a bad picture of me... but, oh well.. better than some... but I love the visit and could of spent all day with you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy and that chicken went far. I hadn't thought about Stop and Shop for a long time, used to go there when we lived in RI, don't have them down here around us in Fl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10