Saturday, October 02, 2010

Let's Review

This was the original list for the weekend.................

Bake Bread.

Bake Muffins.

Baste First Green Star Quilt.

Remove 25 items from the garage that do not belong there.

Instead of doing any of those things I have...........................

Wandered around the yard looking for something to cut and bring inside.........

Ahhhh...... Lily of the Valley makes these lovely red berries. I might as well get them before the birds do......


and the ubiquitous greenery.................... Two homey touches before the Looky Loos arrive.

(Wife liked the house .... Husband did not.......... Let me mention that they called to come early because he did not like any of the other four they looked at today.)


LuAnn over at Loose Threads mentioned this little mitered square made from sock yarn. She is so right...... They are just like potato chips.... I had to try them......... Then I had to call my dear friend Peg to see if she had any little balls of sock yarn she wanted to get rid of....... She will bring them with her to breakfast on Wednesday morning.



And the new BOM from Homestead Hearth came in................ I just could not resist. It began in July and I did not call till the first of September. They had one opening left so I knew that spot was mine. They sent July and August right away and September arrived yesterday. There are 5 of the 59 blocks in each month.


Yes, I did have to try the first one..........No, I do not know what I was thinking. I probably wasn't thinking...............


We also had to get to the grocery store and this morning I found two new recipes to try. And by then it was lunch time and then being the weekend I indulged in a wee toes up......... So here it is 3:00 and nothing is removed from the list......

Well, as Scarlet says, "I will think about that tomorrow."


2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan.. You deserve to have your legs up... Maybe one day you might have a bite on the house... I keep praying it will happen soon for you... I can not believe you are starting another project... I love the first block you did... I love the house.. What a great job on the house... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selling a house is so stressful. The husband of that couple sounds like he is not to be pleased. Your flowers look lovely and also the greenery. I love salt glazed stoneware. Your pictures make me think that you and I have similar tastes. That BOM is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10