Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Journey Begun

Everywhere I have looked lately there is a button for One Flower Wednesday.......... I was intrigued enough to check it out. Karen at Journey of a Quilter began this journey and asked others to join. It seemed like a great idea to get a quilt finished rather effortlessly so I of course joined in. I found my hexagons that I had printed on card stock and began cutting them out.

I selected the first fabrics from my scrap bags.


Then I traced the hexagon onto an index card and added 1/4 inch all around. That will be the pattern I trace onto the fabric.



Traced them, cut them out............


And got out the lovely bag that Nadine of Friendship Threads sent to me several years ago.


It did not take long to get the first Hexagon made so now the journey is begun. Yes another project. But then, why not?




Blogging around I discovered a cute Halloween ghost that Barb is sharing on Fun with Barb and Mary.

I also discovered that I had almost missed a Stitching for Christmas Quilt at Nadine's. As soon as I post this blog I will be adding the button to my sidebar for that fun filled stitchery.

Loris posted for Stash Manicure
today and she shared a link to another Little Quilt that I would like to make.

Now I must get back to work............. I hope everyone has a great day...........

10 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    How nice of you to join and share your Hexis experiences...
    This is a lovely idea from Karen.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flower, and making flowers is a great addiction!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the fabric you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flower, these are so addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to One Flower Wednesday Susan! I look forward to watching your garden grow. You are off to an excellent start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan...welcome to this lovely group.Karen does a fantastic job of looking after us all...Your flower is very pretty and before long you will have a lovely garden,,, x Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing so many 'One Flower Wednesdays' blooming around blog land! I know yours is going to be lovely and at such a leisurely schedule too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely flower you made and welcome to the craze.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to this group. Yes, why not another project. Hexies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10