Monday, September 27, 2010

Judy at Patchwork Times has Design Wall Monday. An opportunity to share with others what is on your design wall or design floor or where ever you check your blocks for placement.

Today I can show that I have finally finished the 'Road Less Traveled' quilt I began in 2008. I am trying to complete the projects that were already begun before starting others. Of course people like Judy at Patchwork Times and Kaaren at the Painted Quilt make it difficult by sharing such lovely things with others to make so I do stray from time to time but basically I am completing the items that are in my studio at the moment and believe me there are LOTS of them.




I took two pictures and could not decide which one I liked best so I decided to show them both.


The back was an issue this weekend so I did not get as much done as I wanted to but I did get one quilt all pressed and ready to baste.


And now it is all set up for me to baste. I can take as long as I need to work on this but I do want to finish soon because I need one of those tables back in the studio. It is my cutting table. I have two spectrum lights because I found them on a clearance table for $5.00 each. I could not pass up that sale and they have been quite useful.


I did not get as much hand quilting done as I had hoped this weekend but maybe this week will be better. I sure do hope so. I really don't like lying there looking at the ceiling unable to move. I did get a book loaded on my MP3 player so it wasn't a total loss.







14 comments:

  1. Wow! that is beautiful! You are right, I love both pictures!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous quilts. I'm trying to get things done too, and am making pretty good progress. One of my main goals is to get more organized and hopefully have more room, but it doesn't seem to be working that way so far. Every time quilts leave, I think it'll be better and easier to organize now, and somehow there still isn't any space. Maybe when this next group leave, lol.
    Great deal on the lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are two beautiful quilts and the top that you are quilting is wonderful too! Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "Road Less Travelled " quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is just wonderful. There's lots of piecing there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that row quilt! Hope you feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jean M. :)8:19 PM

    Hi Susan... I just love what you did on the "Road Less Travled"... It is wonderful and a lot of work... So many peices, but it came out beautiful.... Can't waite to see the Green quilt quilted.. I know you will do fine...I sure hope you are on the mend soon... Warm wishes to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "Road Less Treavled" quilt is beautiful, as is the green one you are getting ready to quilt.

    I'm getting better about finishing up old projects. I made a lot of headway this year. But it is hard to stay on track when there is so much new fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the TWO pics! One just wasn't enough! That is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of a quilt with rows of different blocks. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Road Less Traveled looks fabulous -- you must be thrilled with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...typically I am not a fan of "row quilts" but yours makes me think again....BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This quilt is wonderful! No wonder you don't get too much finished if this is the standard of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10