Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I just could not resist. I began the Raggedy Ann BOM that Kaaren of The Painted Quilt is sharing with us. (See the button on my sidebar for the link.)

I got the embroidery done on the first month and last night I began the embroidery on the second month. I should be up to date by the weekend.

I know you are supposed to assemble the block and then do the embroidery but it works better for me to do the embroidery first. I tried to go back to sleep but I kept thinking about that block. Because I had insomnia last night I went upstairs at 2:00 AM to assemble the first block.

I got the two bags of scraps out of the closet and dumped them on the floor. It would be better if I had a table to put them on but I don't so I end up crawling around on the floor.


And here it is.........................Block One...............................


I was downstairs this morning looking for something and while I was there I checked to see if I had anything I could use for the sashing................ Lo and behold I found the perfect fabric. That means this quilt will be made entirely from fabric I have on hand.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I just love the finish block of Raggedy Ann... I sure wish I had fabric stash like you do... It sure would make life easer for me... But, on the other hand, I would not be able to see straight at 2 in the morning... You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this block - it is so pretty! Although I'm not sure I could do anything half as nice at 2 a.m.:)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have called me, Susan. I was up at 2 a.m. as well working on my Stash Manicure post.

    Isn't it wonderful to go shopping in your own stash? I haven't bought any new fabric for a while now and although the temptation has been there, I haven't succumbed...yet!

    Your block looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:16 AM

    Love it! So cute!


    Kathy W

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful .... you are using your stash too! Those blocks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome that you can make such a cute quilt entirely from scraps!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10