Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville first introduced me to Leaders and Enders.............. She now has a book out on the subject with ideas of quilts you can make. It seemed like such a good idea that I found a pattern and cut out the fabric I needed and made my first Leander quilt. You can see it and read about it here. That went so well that I made another one. You can read about that one here.

I have also sewn together countless HST from pieces cut from Flying Geese and even made one quilt border that way. It does take some time to get the quilt complete but after all you do get a quilt in the end instead of spending those few minutes snipping the long thread off of each block. Not to mention that you are using all of the thread on the spool instead of putting part of it in the wastebasket.

In April 2008, Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times encouraged us to join her in making a log cabin quilt. I cut out my strips and got all ready and then had to dismantle my studio. I am now getting it set up again and found the quilt all cut out and ready to go.


I put it beside my sewing machine and began. You can see from the stack on the left that I am making good progress with this quilt already.



There is ALWAYS something in my machine. (please do not write the date in the dust on top of the machine)

When I sit down to sew I can chain piece to my hearts content making sure that I always end with my Leader Ender project.





I do hope someone else out there will give this a try.

2 comments:

  1. Jean M. :)9:33 AM

    WOW!!! another project... The quilt will be beautiful... I just love the red and white combo... I remember the leaders and enders that you worked on in Vickie's Studio... I just love that quilt... Hugs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a red and white quilt, and that one will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10