Thursday, June 17, 2010

I finally finished my basket set using the embroidery design from Kaaren at The Painted Quilt or you can use the First Friday Freebie button on the right side. I got a little behind with my embroidery but I am beginning to catch up.



And here it is in the basket. I can put my sewing projects in there and with the cover in place it looks so nice on the stool beside my chair.



Kaaren also introduced me to a Small Quilt Group. This was the recent challenge quilt. I think it looks lovely on the table.



While our guest were here we went to Fort Hill. This is the view over Orleans Cove and on out to the ocean. There is a brown spot about the center of the picture. If you enlarge the picture you can just see the deer that was running across the meadow.

We stopped to see what was left of Nauset Beach. It sure has gotten smaller the last few years. Several storms have washed away quite a bit of the beach. Someone was kind enough to take a picture of all of us together.





2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, Susan. This is always what I imagined how a sewing basket would be covered when not in use. What a great idea! Thanks also for interpreting the pattern to suit your needs.

    Love your Irish chain mini as well.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan your Irish chain looks lovely set against the window. I also love that goose (it is a goose isn't it, or am I one). Kaaren's project looks very much at home in that basket.
    Elyte SQT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10