Monday, May 31, 2010

It was not the best of weeks here. Wednesday I woke up covered in some weird rash and itching like mad. The Dr gave me something for the itching but that along with the back medication put me to sleep. I will say that I am well rested...........

I worked on my small Irish chain quilt but it is not yet done.

I finished quilting the bottom piece for my basket. I did the machine quilting on the top piece and sketched in a bit for the hand quilting on the embroidery. I cannot draw anything but I did try a bit of freehand design using Kaaren drawing as a guide. Thank you Kaaren for giving us a lovely design every month to stitch. You can visit her at The Painted Quilt and join in on the fun.

I want to stop at Murray's tomorrow for some rickrack and bias tape to finish the edges. There is one small scrap of the fabric left so I must improvise the binding.



I even got the applique done on the second wallhanging. It is layered and basted and ready to quilt.
In between when I did not have time to go upstairs and sew I picked up the Jan Pakek July block to applique. It is all finished.......... Perhaps today I will get the August blocked prepped and ready for my basket.


Judy at Patchwork Times has many more friends sharing what is on their design wall today. Check it out for inspiration.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan... I just love the pair tree... It is beautiful.... Sorry toe hear that you are not feeling so well...Enjoy yourself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,

    Vina Linen is vietnamese home linen manufacturer and produces
    hand embroidered item such as : bed sheet, pillow case, tablecloth,
    napkin... and baby garment.

    As we are manufacturer we can make product base on your specification.

    We are looking for wholesaler or retailer.

    Vina Linen has stable quality product in up-market and mid-market
    with affordable price in classic or modern hand made style.
    Our products are customizable: vinalinen.com

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best regards,

    Thai LOI

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must take the sleep medication more often! You certainly seem to have acieved such a lot with extra sleep! Seriously, sorry you've not been well - itchy skin is awful, and doesn't get the sympathy it deserves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10