Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Little Wooden Box

As I mentioned earlier, Joan stopped by for a visit and brought me a box that Bill had made. I saw a picture of one similar somewhere in my travels and thought it was just the loveliest thing.

Knowing that Bill works in wood, I made one of foam core to show him what it was that I wanted.

Dear person that he is he made four and Joan sold three of them at the Guild Quilt Show. I was the lucky recipient of the last one.


The handle slips off so that you can put spools of thread on it and it has a stop on one side. I had mentioned that I wanted to make a plaid and black quilt and I was beginning to collect small pieces of plaid fabrics. She was good enough to include quite a large bundle of fabric in the box.


Don't I have just the nicest friends?

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That's a great box and very nice fabrics. What super friends you have!

julieQ said...

What a clever idea to slip the handle off for thread! I love the box...wonderful friends you have!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10