Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hour a Day

Judy over at Patchwork Times is sharing another Hour a Day quilt.

This morning she posted Hour 2........ Of course I am behind already. I usually am but I enjoy taking my time so I do. For years I rushed through every project in order to get on to the next one. Now I am taking the time to work on one project until it is done and not rushing.

These colorful fat quarters were my first choice for this quilt.


And here are my dark and light background. Sorry, I have no camera skills.



Then I remembered that Jason wanted a blue quilt and I had planned to do a blue and white, square in a square with white sashing and blue cornerstones.

The more I looked at his fabric, the more I thought it might look good with Judy's design.



So this morning I cut out the blue fabrics. I might do both but for right now the blue and white and cream will be the one I stitch first.



Who knows, I might even get to sew a little this afternoon after work.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I love the idea of the blue and white one. You may have just pushed me over the edge.

Shiree said...

I love blue and white too, one of my very favourite combinations! You have fun Suze..

Anne Ida said...

Oh, blue and white is a wonderful combination - there's just something so clean about it! I look forward to seeing this quilt progress - have fun!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10