Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Thing of Beauty

is a joy forever.................

Amanda's quilt is finished at last and after the Pickle meeting on Tuesday I will be mailing it to her.....

It is such a bright, happy quilt. Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times designed and and quilted it. If you have not made one of her designs you are missing a real treat....... Every design of Judy's that I have made turned out beautifully.......... I am always amazed at how complex they look when the construction is so simple.


I tried to take a picture of the quilting but it does not show up as well as I had hoped.


The backing is from Thousands of Bolts and was the perfect fabric.

Wish I could see her smile when she opens it...............

4 comments:

  1. I've been following you through this whole project. It looks really great with nice soft feminine colors. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. This is beautiful. I love it. You did a great job. I haven't got to sew any lately but hopefully once school starts I will get to be in the sewing room some. Thanks for shating this beautiful quilt with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so, so pretty! I need to get on the stick and finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is great! Mine is still a work in progress - no time to sew this summer at all! I love the backing - how perfect.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10