Thursday, July 09, 2009

News Alert

I have not posted in for over a week. Things have been upside down at our house since Monday, June 29th when our realtor called wanting to show our house to a "motivated buyer".

I went home from work to help Lem get the show towels hung and the show bedspread on the bed and to make sure everything was put away.

She called again on Tuesday to say that they wanted to look again. Things seemed to be looking up.

The lady of the house and her parents were looking but the husband was not going to be on Cape till Sunday........... Fourth of July weekend....................... Our realtor told us the were VERY INTERESTED.................... And wanted to close in 30 days...........

Lem and I spent the holiday making a list of what needed to be done and making plans just in case.

The husband came on Monday........... They looked and it was reported by the neighbor that they sat on the patio and enjoyed the weather.

Yesterday they made an offer................... Needless to say there was some bargaining involved.

Lem just called to say that we had reached an agreement.

I suppose that means that we will be moving in 30 days. I am still in a state of shock. What hand project should I get prepped to tide me over till we move?

6 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations! Do you already have a new house to move to? I'm happy for you. I've been following you for a while now and know you have had your house on the market for some time. Best of luck to you. Applique or crochet would be my best bets!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You are so lucky to find a buyer!! I'll miss seeing you. Kathy W

Hanne said...

Congratulations Suze !!
Where will you be moving to ?

Judy Laquidara said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you and I know you're thrilled. Congratulations!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous... this is the second house sales story I've heard of that has sold. Now the hardest part is coming -- getting things ready for and the move! Yes, get a few hand projects together... Bonnie

Teresa said...

Congratulations. Gosh, I don't even want to think what all would be involved in packing up my house and moving. Good luck with your move and I hope you will find much happiness in your new home.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10