Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday, Monday

I did get the top finished. Sad to say it is bigger than I thought so the fabric I had for the back was not large enough. I did have some pink left from the quilt and added a section to the 5 yards I already had and now the back is pieced and ready to layer. If Vickie has time on Wednesday afternoon, I can get it layered. I am not planning to pin this one, just spray baste as I intend to quilt it right away. A simple grid using a walking foot.


I took one side trip Friday morning. I found this on the Polka Dot Pineapple's blog and had to try it. Took no time and I am delighted with the outcome.


I began the next installment on my Farmyard Bear quilt this morning. My sewing time is so much more limited these days because of the dratted back problems. The Spine and Pain Clinic of New England called this morning. I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 for a consultation. Prayers are appreciated.

8 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the colors in that quilt - very, very nice. ANd the pincushion is darling - I love those kind (with the buttons and ribbon all around).
Kris

Shiree said...

Hi Suze, you can come and play anytime, the more the merrier huh, and we all keep each other inspired anyway. Your work is beautiful! I hope the pain clinic appointment is soon and you get it all sirted, cheers, Shiree

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a beautiful quilt - I'll be looking forward to seeing it quilted. Do you have any trouble spray basting a large quilt? I always seem to get wrinkles on the back. blessings, marlene

Teresa said...

You have really accomplished a lot the last couple of days. I enjoy machine quilting with my walking foot so much more than free motion.

Pam said...

Congratulations on your Orange Crush - it looks fabulous!!! I just love that quilt and I still hope to make it one day. I ordered Bonnie's book and I got it the other day - I am thrilled with it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely job on the DD! I am still working on the borders of mine.

Laila L S said...

Your quilt is lovely. It has my kind of colors. Hope you don`t mind I downloaded the picture to my computer - just for inspiration. Thougt I`d make a drawing, but it would not be the same.
Please tell me if it`s not OK and I`ll delete the picture right away.

Shasta said...

Your top is beautiful - love the coloration. Hope your back feels better.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10