Thursday, March 05, 2009

Hexagons

I saw a site requesting 2 inch basted hexagons for Australia....... I spent a couple of hours last night and I have 25 basted. I will do more and send them along. I cannot imagine having everything I cherish destroyed by fire. Anything I can do to help I will.




That also meant finding my own flowers for my GFG. Do most quilters make a GFG or a Cathedral Window? I am working on both. There is something about sitting with needle in hand and stitching that a machine cannot replace. The day is long enough for both methods.


I got this started and then realized that if I joined as I went I would not be able to control the colors. This is where I stopped joining. I have all but 11 basted and after they are complete I will have 18 flowers to assemble. Then I can begin the pathway.


While blogging around I found this idea for storing those pesky plastic grocery bags.

The idea is from The Polka dot Pineapple.

3 comments:

MouseChirpy said...

Oh my, what a pleasure it has been browsing your blog! Your quilts are spectacular and the fabric combinations are just gorgeous.
Aloha!

Anonymous said...

what is the hexagons for Australia all about?

QuiltedSimple said...

Love your hexagons. And I've never made either quilt, but always wanted to - guess I ought to think on it!
Kris

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10