Tuesday, February 03, 2009

It Takes Me So Long

to accomplish so very little. You can see the date on the sampler and I am just finishing it. It is a cross stitch wedding fraktur for a very dear friend. I like it so much I plan to make one for myself. ( A Pennsylvania German document (as a birth or wedding certificate) that is written in calligraphy and illuminated with decorative motifs (as tulips, birds, and scrolls)

Well, not really. It took some time before I got it to the framers.


While they are great framers they tend to be slow. Fits right in with my personality.


Now I need to find a box, wrap this gift and get it packaged to mail. This has been hanging around since the week after Thanksgiving. I really must do better at getting things done.

Since I did not put this in as a finish last year, I am counting it for this year. It is my list and I can do that if I want to.

I couldn't decide on the best picture so put them all up.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Suze. Who designed this pattern? I love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I used to do cross stitch, my eyes aren't good enough now! Good for you to "get 'er done" Suze!
    Thanks for the blog comment I have to make another of these stained glass because youngest DS loves it too!
    Roslyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Sounds like a great finish for this year to me:)
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suze, they are really going to cherish it. You did an excellant job. I say pat yourself on the back for this one. Hugs & stitches,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely breathtaking! It would take me forever (or longer) to do something like that. Its wonderful - congrats on a lovely piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful, and it looks great in any setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worth the wait! For absolutely sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10