Monday, January 12, 2009

Quiltathon/Stashbusting Report

This is the reason I did not get much done this weekend.......... I had forgotten how much effort it takes for little ones.

He was up early to go out Saturday and Sunday. Then came inside and whined so I brought him upstairs to the studio so Lem could sleep a bit longer. He wanted me to sit and hold him and play with him......

Now I ask you, how can you say 'no' to that face?


I did finish step two on my Double Delight quilt by Bonnie Hunter. Now on to step three.


And I got Donna's Quilt layered before Peg and I went shopping Saturday.


After coming home I was able to begin quilting it. I really like the back of this quilt. Especially since the fabric was marked down to $2.99 a yard.




My quilting skills aren't that great yet but there is hope.



Peg had my Buck a Block that Ronnie is getting for us in New York. It is lying right there on top of the next quilt I need to quilt. I hope to get that block done today. I am also going to make a quilt from "The Bag" at the same time using the same pattern.


This morning I cut the background blocks for my "A Tisket, A Tasket" BOM from Anne at Bunny Hill. No, I do not need to start something new but... but... but....



And this last picture is the list on index cards that have overflowed to the edge of my design board. Okaye......... I still have lots to do.


Who knows, I might finish something this week.

3 comments:

Judy S. said...

What a cute little ball of fur, Suze! I'm going to try that Tisket Tasket BOM also....what kind of backing did you use? It looks to me as if you've been quite productive!

Jeri said...

oh, gosh. isn't he the cutest thing ever!!! You sure have a lot of projects in the works, but I'd stop and love that furball too!

tirane93 said...

your square in square blocks look deliciously like cookies on a tray in that picture. it looks like you got quite a bit of work done during your quiltathon weekend, congrats!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10