Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wednesday Nights

On Wednesday Nights I go to Town Ho Needle Craft and sit with my guru Barry and others while we stitch. I just finished "Wisteria" and took it to the framers on Friday. Now it is time for another project. This time I will work on my Needlework Casket.



I don't know why the picture came out this way. I downloaded it twice and it is still sideways. Anyhow, that is what the finished project should look like. There are several decorative stitches in the design so it isn't just your ordinary cross stitch.




And here is my box. Barry had these about 12 years ago and I bought it and the fabric, thread and pattern at that time. Well, now is the time to complete this project.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

OMG, that box is sooo beautiful ! It will certainly be gorgeous, when you'll have completed the stitcheries...
I have "fallen into"" cross stitch very recently (using Aïda fabric, rather than linen ---> poor eyes!). LOVE it, love it : it's so relaxing, and it completely "washes" my brain, while counting the stitches. And I also noticed it makes MUCH LESS mess on my working table, compared to patchwork! LOL ;>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10