Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping on Saturday

Lu and I went shopping on Saturday.

Judy over at Patchwork Times had posted a free quilt pattern and I wanted to look for some fabric to make it.

When I arrived at Heartbeat Quilts and found the fabric for this quilt. Pat was working and she had never been there when I was before. What a terrific fabric selector she is. I am not great at that part of quilting. I am learning but not there yet. Pat made a few suggestions and this is what she came up with.


Now I never would have thought of using that light one for the background. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.




Then I looked for fabric for the upcoming Quilt for an Hour that Judy is sharing with us. Once again I would not have selected these fabrics but I am trusting Pat on this. I will say that I really was drawn to the two periwinkle fabrics on the bottom.


Lu saw this quilt so I picked up the pattern. I ordered some batiks from Thousands of Bolts and that fabric should arrive tomorrow.



My dear Kim is a lighthouse lover. They had a quilt that is all lighthouses. I picked up this pattern for her. When I looked up their website to put on this blog I found that they have this as a BOM. If Kim likes it I will probably sign up for the Block of the Month there.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have your work cut out for you with three quilts! They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10