Monday, April 21, 2008

Picture of Log Cabin Quilt


I am really pleased with how this one turned out.

This morning I began making the blocks for my Nifty Fifty Swap. I had made the required 6 blocks to be sent for approval but somehow the postman lost them............ Now I have to do them over. I mailed them Priority mail on March 28th to Alabama and they still are not there. Not exactly what I had planned for my sewing time this week but I am thankful it was only the 6 and not the 20 that would have been mailed next.

I am near the end of my Nine Patch Nut quilt that I have been using for my leader/ender. I need to cut some setting triangles but can I find the fabric? NO.......................
I remember seeing it earlier this month but I cannot spot it now. I don't want to waste too much time looking for it either.

I decided to work on my red and green nine patch instead. I got some fabric cut for that quilt this morning and I can use it for a leader ender until I find the other fabric.

Anyhow, I got two of the required blocks cut out and one made. I should be able to mail them by Friday.

6 comments:

dot said...

Oh very nice. This quilt is striking. I really like it.

Pam said...

I have not been going around the blogs as I would like lately. I have been reading your blog and not commenting as I should. I love your siggy blocks - you make such lovely little siggys. I remember that last ones you made!! And the quilt from the siggy blocks - wonderful!!

Love the vest you made as well. You have been busy! How are the plans for the house coming along?

I was hoping to do the Orange Crush as well - but it got put to the side to go see the new baby. I might try to start it now.

Have a great week!

Mama Koch said...

Have never seen a log cabin like this. I really like it. The colors really make it too.

Anne Ida said...

This is a wonderful log cabin quilt top Suze!!! I love the coloirs and the contrast in it, and your workmanship is great as always!

AJ said...

That quilt is stunning! I love the colors and the layout is just awesome.

Em said...

Suze, I love your Log Cabin Quilt - it's really beautiful! The colors are great, and that pattern is really striking! Wonderful!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10