Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cutting Up



Today I spent my hour this morning cutting strips. I am getting ready to piece the Triple Irish Chain. All the strips are cut and now I get to sew the sets together. There are 5 sets all together.
I also started cutting strips for the Log Cabin I am making with Judy.

It is easier to toss the odd bits into the scrap bins now. Having experienced some of Bonnie Hunters scrap blocks I can see that more variety is needed and these bins need to be fed often.


After work today is Curves and then home to enjoy the new laptop for a about an hour and then to cook dinner. Leftover pork roast is on the menu. That means not much time spent in the kitchen. Tonight I would like to finish the Dear Jane block I am working on.

3 comments:

Candace said...

What gorgeous colors. That Irish Chain is going to be breathtaking.
That is one I would like to make, probably because it is beautiful, and because my grandmother was a Ryan.

Valerie said...

Sounds like you are a very busy woman. I need to stop by more often to check up on you. It has been a while.

Amanda said...

Pretty colours. I'm keen to make both an Irish Chain and a Log Cabin quilt, so look forward to seeing photographs of your progress.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10