Monday, December 10, 2007

What a Weekend........................

I was on the go all weekend. Rebekah and Robert are here this week. They came up from Atlanta on the train. Then in Boston the got the bus to the Cape. We picked them up last night in Hyannis at 10:30. How wonderful it is to have family here for the holiday.

I cleaned all day Saturday and most of yesterday. I also fixed a pot of Cuban Black Bean soup from a recipe I got from a fellow blogger. I will edit the post later with the link. I can't seem to find it right now.

I am also using this as my STASH BUSTER post. Here are the blocks for the first four weeks of Amanda's offering over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Here is week one.

Here is week two.

Here is week three.



And last but not least, week four.


I am using the fabric from the grab bags I get from Homestead Hearth. I have enjoyed pawing through the basket of fabrics making selections. I have difficulty making fabric decisions and this exercise is good for me.

There are several more quilts I want to make with this fabric. Perhaps I should start a list.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great with your color choices. How nice that you have family there for the holidays! Would you share the recipe for the Cuban Black Bean Soup . . or point me to where it's posted somewhere? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! Way to go on the stashbusting!

    Say "Hi" to Rebekah :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10