Thursday, November 15, 2007

Progress





Here are a few pictures of the Elm Creek Quilt I am making in class......... This has been a wonderful learning experience.

1 - Red Rooster publishes the worst instructions of any I have ever seen. Great designs but terribly written.

2 - When joining a HST bias edge to another piece, do not start at the straight edge. Start at the other end.......... I found this made a big difference when I was making the baskets. Sad that I did not figure this out till the last four blocks.

Now to add the borders and call this top complete. It can marinate in the box with the other unfinished tops.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

very pretty quilt. Love the pattern and color. What a miracle to find your husband's ring! My husband thought someone had stolen his computer at an airport only to find out a few days later that it was at lost and found. Another miracle!

dot said...

Nice quilt. I like it very much. I am also happy to read the ring was found. It is nice to know there are honest people out there.

Darlene said...

It's looking beautiful, Suze.

I'm glad that your husband's ring was found!

Nadine said...

It's soooo pretty ! I love your colors scheme, Suze. Which book is this pattern from ?


XOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Pat said...

Beautiful, beautiful,beautiful. I love it.

swooze said...

Very pretty! Do you quilt your own tops or send them out? Gotta get a plan to get them quilted up so you can use them. :D

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10