Friday, November 02, 2007

Class Project

You might remember this stack of fabric from several weeks ago. I got it for a class I was taking.
This is the project we are making. I knew exactly what I as going to do. As usual the plan changed. I have gathered enough fabric to make perhaps two quilts. I would like to do one in the pink fabrics for Mama. I noticed that many of the ladies at Roman Eagle (her new home) have quilts and afghans on their beds.


Here are the blocks I began at class that Saturday and I finally have them all finished. This was the easy part. The basket blocks are next.


This morning I was able to cut the basket block fabrics............... I can tell you that I am out of my comfort zone on this one but my class mates assured me that this was the way to go. I still think I am going to do one following the original plan. Yup, just plain ole vanilla me.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm glad to see you home! I'm sorry that your Mom can no longer live alone however I hope she'll be content where she is now. :-)

I love your new project - it's going to be beautiful.

Su Bee said...

It's so hard to watch parents decline - ((hugs))
The baskets are going to be absolutely beautiful - keep pluggin' away!

Hanne said...

This will be a beautiful quilt Suze!

Linda said...

What beautiful fabrics, so soft and feminine. Love the pattern you're using.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10