Monday, July 16, 2007

What a Weekend........................

This weekend was most productive. I completed all 36 blocks for my Hour A Day Quilt for both the black and white one and the chintz one. I also completed the Four Patch Posy blocks. The Four Patch Posy will now be put aside until the next trip to Hyannis because I need sashing and backing and border fabric to complete it.

I am pleased to report that I am on row 30 of (out of the needed 32) the nine patch quilt I began in May of 2006. It has been my faithful companion since. I am using it as a leader/ender quilt.


I managed to do quite a bit of clearing in the basement. Lem and I went to the landfill on Saturday and Sunday with the car full both times. Rachel came on Saturday and filled her car with items for the Yard Sale for Habitat. She will be back this coming Saturday at 8:00 AM and I am busily gathering more things for her to take with her.

Meals were cooked, laundry done and even a wee nap or two were enjoyed.

As to progress on the upstairs sewing, I got most of the stitching done on the pincushion I am
for the Pincushion Swap. Another couple of hours and the stitching will be done and I will be ready to assemble it.

I have one more leaf to stitch on the Country Cousin block I am working on now. Then I will have four complete. One third of the blocks will be done. Yes, I am a couple of months behind schedule on that one but I mentally figured that it would take 18 months to make this quilt so I think I can still meet the deadline I set.



Friday, I received another installment on "A Road Less Traveled" from Homestead Hearth. This will be row six of seven rows. There are 10 blocks in this row but as you see it is easier that some of the others were.

Tonight I can stitch for one hour on the pincushion, finish the Country Cousin block and begin one of the two appliqué blocks for "Pieces of Time".

On the whole I am pleased with all I accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Suze, Wow!!! You certainly did get a lot done!! You go, girlfriend!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! WOW, you were able to get so much done, and not just quilting. Bet you feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. I almost got tired reading all that you have accomplished. Your blocks look very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10