Friday, July 27, 2007

Shade Garden

This is the progress so far on the first block of "Shade Garden". Yes, this is another block of the month from Homestead Hearth. This is the project allowed in the sitting room right now. I am trying to keep only one in the sitting room at a time. The others reside on the bed in the guest bedroom till I am ready to work on them for awhile.

The pattern is based on designs from Susan McCord's quilts. She left quite a body of work, not all of the tops were quilted however. I wonder just how many wonderful quilts we missed out on because the surviving family members did not know what they were so blessed to have.



I am thinking that this will be just the perfect quilt to hang in the entry of our house.

1 comment:

  1. All your projects are wonderful...you sure have got lots to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10