Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Dear Friend Peg



My dear friend Peg was good to share her strips with me. Now that Mary has issued the challenge for Heartstrings I can begin to tackle this project in earnest.....

The basket was also part of the gift and I couldn't be more delighted. I think that both are a real treasure. Peg has such delightful fabrics..................

The next time you see this basket it will be put to another use. That will mean moving the strips to the basket I keep mine in but there is room for more in that basket.

As I have mentioned before, I am near the point of my Nine Patch Nut quilt where I will be adding the 961 two inch square background squares to the nine patch blocks. The plan currently is to toss the completed pieces into the basket, place the lid on the basket, shake thoroughly and begin to assemble the quilt. The anticipation of this event is encouraging me forward.

2 comments:

  1. Nice strings....love the basket. We live in the same state but I'm not sure where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I've added you blog to my blogger list. Nice basket and strings. Looking forward to see your scrap quilt made from these strings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.......

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10