Monday, May 07, 2007

Whew................

I reached my goal....... I finished this top. Now to send it off to be quilted. I am delighted to see it all together. The yellow was definitely the right thing to do...... It makes the quilt sing.

After it was all done, I realized that I would have to put a hanging sleeve on it and on all the others I am sending to the show. One thing about making bed quilts, they don't need a hanging sleeve....

I also got out the siggy blocks from 2005 and began to assemble the. Now this is going to be a much bigger quilt than I first thought. I have three rows complete and I like how it looks on the design board. Of course it hangs off each side a bit but I do get an idea of how the finished product will look.

7 comments:

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

Congratulations! You did a great job.

Hanne said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal. It is a gorgeous top!

Anne said...

Congratulations on work very well done! It turned out really pretty!

Laura said...

Congratulations! Beautiful quilt top!

Rebekah Smith said...

Oh, How beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing it in person!

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I have been really drawn to the blue and white quilts lately. I almost bought a blue and white kit today at the LQS. I love the storm at sea sashing on the sampler blocks. It looks great. You're right, the yellow is a great addition.

Pam said...

The quilt does look wonderful. The storm at sea setting for the DJ blocks is great. It really works well - and the yellow does add a little zing to it.

I am looking forward to seeing your siggy block quilt. I have been reading about the siggys on the DJ digest, it will be exciting to see them all together :))

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10