Friday, May 04, 2007

Unfinished Projects.

As if I didn’t have enough, I brought home some from others………. The guild had its annual auction last night. You took what you did not want and it was auctioned with the proceeds going to the guild……… I reviewed the items for sale with care and kept in mind what I have at home already.

There were several books on quilting that I thought Kate would enjoy, those wonderful “Learn How to Quilt” books that have so much information in them.

I saw one of our more experienced quilters place some blocks on the table and went over to check on them.




Aren’t they wonderful? There are a few more blocks to be completed and there was none of the background fabric included, just what was needed for the colored portion of each block. I think there are 3 or 4 more to do. I will also have to cut into my charm fabric to get the squares to add to each block.


The instructions are all there. She even made the templates for each block and included them in envelopes marked with the month they went with. This is going to be a wonderful addition to my collection of unfinished projects. It will also be a good practice quilt when I teach myself how to machine quilt. This set me back $5.00


I spent $3.00 more and got this collection of blocks. It will be interesting to see how they end up being set and just what becomes of them. They are machine pieced and not exactly the greatest fabrics but I will enjoy using these blocks to practice machine quilting.





Now these are all hand pieced. I will say it looks much better in the picture than it does in real life. Some scrappy quilts you need to stand back from to the best view.


There are even a few ready to add and the template used.




I also see a tote bag in my future. The extra block will be a nice pocket on the other side of the bag.

I just could not see the effort that someone had put into these things being lost.

9 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hedgehog said...

What treasures to find! And a great way to practice machine quilting. Have fun!

Kim said...

What a great idea your guild had! And what great finds for you!

Patti said...

Oh my - you did bring home several "cast off's" with you. It will be so much fun to see what you do with these. You didn't tell us if you donated any of yours LOL! Did this increase your UFO's or did you break even?

Nadine said...

Brave adopting mother, rescueing these beautiful orphan blocks & projects ! I bet you're going to finish them beautifully !

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Darlene said...

Great purchases but did you break even or are you behind? :-)

Shelina said...

These are all great! Imagine, having a quilting fairy start all these projects for you. All you have to do is finish it up and take the credit!

Pam said...

That is a pretty good bunch of blocks you bought there. What a deal. I'm surprised that the first bunch of blocks were sold - when she was so close to being finished. She must have just gotten tired of them. It will be fun to see what you do with all of them. Enjoy!

Hanne said...

You really bought some treasures there Suze. I am looking forward to see how they will look when you have worked on them :-)

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10