Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Testing

When I saw the quilt on the cover of that book I knew one was in my future. This is not a project for the faint of heart. It is not a leader ender project either. I can see from the two blocks I have done that I will be thinking the entire time I am working on this quilt. I got two dark strips on one side. I will need to plan better. These strips are cut 1 1/2 inches but I think perhaps they are too large. I will have this for discussion on Friday when The Breakfast Club meets. I know I should never have started this project but I wanted to test the idea. Since I am getting the Grab Bags from Homestead Hearth with my BOM I have some wonderful fabrics to choose from and it really is fun to play with them......... These blocks will end up in BOB for something else later.

This morning I also got Hour 12 completed on my HAD. Tomorrow morning I can complete hour 13 and then another quilt top will be ready for layering. The studio is still rather neat but I have some ideas about organizing a little better. I hope to get that done this weekend. Hard to believe that it is Wednesday already.

2 comments:

swooze said...

Even if you don't make what you originally planned it will make a nice table topper or runner or some such. Looks nice.

Patti said...

I have this old log cabin book too. I've always loved that quilt on the cover. Some day . . . .

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10