Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Something to Show at Last


This is going to be another favorite quilt...... I am continually amazed at how well Judy's patterns go together. While pressing the top, ideas for the quilting came to mind. I have several more to complete before this one is layered but I want to sleep under it next winter so I can't wait too long. Tomorrow morning I can add the first border and then Thursday I can add the second border. The top will be all ready to show at the Friday meeting of The Breakfast Club.


Now that siggies are done, I can work on my Faye Anderson blocks at night again. Here are the last four I have completed. We are in week fifteen of this year and I have nine blocks completed. That means that if I can pick up the pace a bit I can get caught up and perhaps even a week or two ahead.... I have never done much embroidery on quilt blocks before but I am satisfied that the work is adequate. I asked that Homestead Hearth include one of their grab bags of fabric with my "Road Less Traveled" block of the month. That is the fabric I am using for my Faye Anderson blocks. I have two other quilts I will be using the grab bag fabric for. I can sit all evening and pour over my collection of fabric and deciding which to use in each block.

Here is the third block of row one of "The Road Less Traveled". If you like jigsaw puzzles, you would enjoy putting this block together. The great advantage of having this as a BOM is that I don't have to agonize over exactly which fabric to put in each spot. If I had to do that I would never get the block done. Homestead Hearth is doing a wonderful job of fabric selection for me. I am thinking about signing up for another one of their BOM's that is starting in June.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Suze! Wow you have been busy since you finished your siggie, and as always you have done a beautiful job! I love your blocks, and the way your HAD has turned out! It's so calm and pretty! ...I really have to try one of Judy's patterns one of these days :o)

Pam said...

I really wanted to do the Road Less Travelled quilt but haven't managed to get the pattern ordered. I bet doing it as a BOM would be a good idea. Your blocks look lovely.

Your siggy blocks are wonderful - everyone will be thrilled with them.

May Britt said...

Your four applique blocks are beutiful. I have made three new one now and will blog them tomorrow. Your blocks on The Road Less Travelled is sooooooo pretty. Love the fabrics in it.

Nadine said...

Suze, you're doing a wonderful job ! I love all of them .
Your AD blocks are so nice , too ! (don't worry, I only have 11 blocks, up to now - you're not the only one on the "catching up Planet" ! LOL)

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Darlene said...

Wow, you've been busy, busy! Week 15 and I have not done one Faye Anderson block. Sigh!

Road Less Traveled is so pretty. Homestead Hearth does an awesome job with their BOM programs.

JudyL said...

I love your Road Less Traveled blocks. They look so hard.

Thanks for posting your Quilt for an Hour quilt. Love your colors and you're right - there are so many options for the quilting. Can't wait to see it finished.

Patti said...

They do the best BOM's don't they. I loved what they chose for Heirloom Stitches. I also have their BOM for Home Sweet Home to start someday. I've forbidden myself to order any more BOM's from them, however, as I already have WAY too much to do!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10