Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sock Yarn Pictures

Here is a picture of the sock yarn I added to the collection on Saturday. The single skeins will make a pair of socks but I needed two skeins of the Regia for each pair.

I am going to try the Jaywalker pattern from Grumperina. She also has a tutorial on making custom labels.



Now for the quilting portion of the conversation. This is the fabric for one block of "The Road Less Traveled" designed by Lori Smith. I am getting this BOM from Homestead Hearth. They also have sell a grab bag of fabric. I asked that they send one of them to me each month also. My favorite quilts are charm quilts and it that requires many different fabrics. I am anticipating retirement when I can finally get some of these quilts made....... It takes me about an hour to cut the fabrics for one block. I place the cut pieces in glassine envelopes marked with the corresponding letter. Yes, that does seem slow to some but I take my time and savor each moment. Remember, this is not a race.


TA DA............ My first block.........

2 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

The green yarn in the back... is it Opal? I think I've used that yarn and it turned out a pair of my favorite sox. Show a pic of the sox when you get them done. Please?

Anne said...

Love the block, Suze! And I'd like to join in Paula's request of a pic of the sox when they are done :o)

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10