Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Moving Right Along

Here is number 11 of my Faye Anderson Appliqué Blocks. I finished this one last night and got a good start on the next one. This morning I selected fabric for the next four. Needlepoint class tonight so I will not be able to work on them again until Thursday. I will be happy when I get caught up on this project. It is coming along so well and I find it to be more fun than a barrel of Monkeys...................


You might remember that I mentioned how much I was enjoying the Grab Bags from Homestead Hearth. That is the fabric I am using for my Faye Anderson Blocks and I plan to do a Broken Dish quilt with them also. I have my "Patti" section on the sewing table. I need another drawer or two to accommodate all the sizes but I am trying to cut a bit each day. The BOM I have from Homestead Hearth will soon end so I had to find another one to take its place. I selected this one. It is "Renewal" and is from a new collection of fabrics by Brannock and Patek. You get fabric for two blocks each month. The blocks are all the same but the fabric is different. There are 30 blocks in this quilt. I should be getting a grab bag from them for some time to come.
Second block. As simple as this block is I still managed to have to reverse stitch in a few places. Silly me.

5 comments:

May Britt said...

I love the way you have used buttons on the AD block. Beutiful.

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness, Suze everything you're doing is fabulous! I love your AD blocks - so sweet!

Greenmare said...

your applique is sooooooo pretty!!!
Excellent job on everything!!!

Nadine said...

Your AD blocks are just beautiful, Suze ! OMG, you've catched me up !
(I reached nr 10), why are you doing this to me,Suze? (LOL) I guess I have to hurry back on them, now !..

LOVE, love you "Renewal" blocks : you're so talented ,and the fabrics are divine !

Keep going !
Hugs & smiles,
NADINE.

Shelina said...

These are pretty blocks and pretty fabrics.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10