Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Lavender Blue, dilly dilly, Lavender Green



An hour a day quilt designed by Judy of Sunshine Quilts. When I took my fabric requirements to my LQS for fabric the comment was made (as always) “what a wonderful design” “Oh yes,” I replied, “Judy always designs the most wonderful quilts.” At this point I also add how easy her instructions are to follow and that they always come out great.

I selected the fabric and took it home to wash. As I looked at it across the room, I realized that it needed something else. I went back yesterday for a few fat quarters and after washing everything last night, I began my nine patch blocks. Here is a sample of all of them. They might not all make the final cut. I might have to try a few more but any blocks not used will go into my BOB for later use. I also have a piece for the back with fairies on it. Goes with the quilt perfectly. I got all they had left (on sale of course) but if it is not enough I was thinking of adding a border of the left over nine patch blocks. As I was pressing my blocks, the name of this quilt came to me. I think it is perfect………….

Anyway, I am on schedule so far with making my nine patch units and I only have 18 more siggy blocks to stitch. This weekend will find me making the final touches on the siggies so that they can be mailed on Monday……………..

5 comments:

Rebekah Smith said...

You selected such great colors.

Anne said...

Your colours look great - they are so calm and soothing! I will love to see the progress on this quilt! Yet another one of Judy's patterns I will have to put on my "to-do" list... Take care :o)

By the way: What is a BOB?

Nana's Quilts said...

Would you share where I can find one of Judy's patterns?
Marne

Hanne said...

What lovely colours you have chosen for your new quilt Suze.
I have also admired your Lori Smith block.

Rose said...

What is BOB??.......great choice of colours!!!!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10