Monday, April 23, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Chosen

Here is the Bad.............. That flower in the center just left me cold. After I got that much done on the first of my Country Cousins block, I put it aside because I really did not like the center. Vickie reminded me on Friday that she had finished 3 and I had finished none. My obligations were completed so I picked that block up and began again.
Now, isn't that better? I tried Patti's method of appliqué this weekend and I really prefer it.

I also finished number 10 of my Faye Anderson Blocks. That means 20% of them are done.

The rest of the weekend was spent taking down the velvet drapes in the sitting room. Now that they are down and the sun is streaming in the cobwebs show up so much better.

I also began clearing out one of my bags. I cannot report that I have emptied even one. I am forcing myself to properly complete whatever I take out of the bag. The one I began with had the cleaning kit for my 221 in it that my wonderful Robert sent to me. I must get that accomplished.

All of the laundry is done. Lem was good to hang my sheets on the line for me to dry. I really like sleeping on sheets that have dried out of doors..............

Last week I found a pants suit in a size 0. My mother is always looking for something that size so I got it for her. It arrived in the mail to her on Friday and was declared almost a perfect fit. My sister still had to move the button for her. They had two more and since that size is hard to find I went back on Saturday for them. While there I found a jacket, top and two pairs of pants for myself.....

I will not be sewing in the mornings this week as I usually do. I want to get the tote bags emptied and I know that will take time.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I did like the first one but you are correct the second is better.

good job with cleaning out those bags. I'm doing something similar in my sewing room. As I clean an area I'm forcing myself to find a permanent spot for the stuff I pick up right away or if I can't then I don't need it and out it goes. I'm afraid if I just shift thru stuff without dealing with it properly then all I'll accomplish is moving the clutter from one place to another and back again.

We can do this........

May Britt said...

The second block was perfect.
And you made another beautiful AD block.

Patti said...

Oh, very nice! Happy to be of help! What is it about my method that you like better? Curious minds want to know.

Rebekah Smith said...

Love the block...It is hard for me to clean out and up and move on too. I hope we didn't pass this on to KT..

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10