Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Table at Christmas


The table was set for a wonderful holiday feast. I can tell that I need more practise in getting a meal ready........ At one time I was competant but not any more.

We were going to have Stawberry Salad but I bought the wrong size box of Jello. I fixed it as the recipe directed and placed it in the refrigerator to begin to gel. Then I prepared the crust and while it cooled I made the cream cheese and whip cream layer. When the timer went off for the Strawberry Gelatin I opened the refrigerator to find that it was still liquid. That is when I looked carefully at the recipe and discovered my error. Oh well, we will have that tonight with our Wild Rice Soup and hot rolls.................

Our neighbor brought the Poinsetta. Isn't it lovely? I had not bought one this year and it was just the perfect touch for the table with the Pomadors all around it. I can use those Pomadors for centerpiece on Valentines day. Then I can start placing around in places that need to be refreshed.

1 comment:

Hanne said...

What a nice table Suze!
Wishing you a lovely rest of the Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have enjoyed the time I have spent with you online this year and am looking forward to spend more time with you in the new year :-)

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10