Monday, November 27, 2006

Next Up...........

I found this fabric in the discount bin at Big Horn Quilts...............

It is so bright and alive that I just had to order it............. That was 2 years ago...........

On New Years Day, 2006, while surfing the net I found Planet Patchwork. They had a Block of the Month that seemed really easy.

I checked out the fabric I had on hand and this piece spoke to me. I added a green and a yellow. The sashing will be burnt orange and the cornerstones will be peacock blue. This is one quilt that will keep you awake unless you close your eyes fast........................ There are 12 blocks and I have 8 completed. The instructions for the sashing and cornerstones and borders has not been posted yet. I hope to have all the blocks done by the time it comes out online..................

I am giving serious thought to trying to complete one quilt or two quilt tops each month for the year 2007. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

joyce said...

That is very unusual fabric. When I looked at the picture in the post below,and I could see it from the corner of my eys, it seemed to be moving upward. Maybe it's just me. It could be nice in a quilt in moderation. A whole quilt of it might be a bit much.

Nadine said...

Ooooh nooooo !!!!!!!! This will keep me awake tonight, trying to imagine your quilt ! (LOL)
Can't wait seeing it !

Smiles,
NADINE.

Rebekah Smith said...

That fabric is great. With the others colors you described it will make a beautiful quilt. It reminds of of the Rainbow dress quilt you made for me. Very bright colors but so comforting. I often wrap up in it because it feels like a hug from Mama.

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10