Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Insipid Geranium


Well, here it is, the “Insipid Geranium”……. The pinwheel blocks began life as part of another quilt. They looked terrible so I rushed to my Local Quilt Shop to see what I could do with them. This geranium fabric seemed to fit the bill even though I thought the flowers were faded and past their prime. I even used the flange on this quilt. I have always liked them. The original quilt is still incomplete. It needs to be quilted and I hope to finish it in 2007.

Darlene has gone public with her plan for clearing out unfinished projects. One thing about blogging, I feel obligated to do what I say I am going to do each month. I find that I am more productive knowing that I wrote down in public my goals…………………..

For the year 2007 I plan to finish a quilt each month or two quilt tops. Completing a quilt means that it is ready to use complete with binding and label. Completed quilt tops will be bagged with the label, binding cut, backing stitched together and ready to layer.

I am sitting here and mentally reviewing what is on the top layer in the studio. I can easily name 12 tops to be assembled. These are all machine piecing projects, no appliqué or hand piecing on this list. I have the fabric for all of them………. They will be listed on the sidebar. I will only list 12 of them. I will also have a hand quilt project, a knitting project (probably a sock) and an embroidery project to work on upstairs in the evening.

There, I have said it………….. Now let’s see how well I can do it…………..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Big plans for the new year. Don't think I could be so productive with the little ones here, I'm hoping for two big quilts, lots of little ones, and some good progress on my Dear Jane quilting!

Hope to continue knitting and maybe some embroidered samplers or redwork as well!

Patti said...

Go, go, go! You have very lofty goals! Setting goals is the first step at accomplishing them so you are definitely on the right track. We will be eagerly tracking your progress. Like you, I'm finding that having my goals listed in public where all can see whether or not they are crossed of has made all the difference. I've finished more this year than I have in the past 5 years combined I think!

joyce said...

I like your quilt and don't find it insipid at all. You sound ambitious with your goals. Good luck on completing them!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading through your blog! Your quilts are beautiful! Your goal setting is great! It will be fun to watch you accomplish them all.

Rabbit Stitchings said...

I like this quilt, its quite pretty!!!!! :O)...
I am so not writing down any goals on my blog (vbg) but good for you and I hope you get them all done!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10