Monday, October 09, 2006

Look What I Found.


On Friday, after work, Lem and I went to the Big City. That would be Hyannis, MA. Only 20 miles away but much more traffic than we are accustom to here in Orleans. We avoid going as much as possible, but on Friday I was to meet one of the members of my Cyber Quilt Bee. She was visiting the Cape for a few days and we made arrangements to meet at a LQS near where she was staying. They have a back room where all the fabric is $4.59 a yard. It is one of my favorite places to look for backing fabric. Since we were going to Hyannis anyway I thought I would check out what was there. I found the perfect fabric. It is a nice soft pumpkin color with gold leaves traced on it. This is going to be such a wonderful quilt.

11 comments:

Melzie said...

That is SO Pretty :) xoxo melzie

Hanne said...

The fabric you bought are lovely. I am looking forward to see your alternating blocks. I will soon start my daily hour on the Watermelon quilt.

Hedgehog said...

Gorgeous back and the leaves look super, too!!

April 1930s said...

That fabric is so pretty! What a find!

Gail said...

Is that backing for your leaf quilt? It isn't just gorgeous, its perfect for those leaves! Lucky you.

Pam said...

That fabric is a great find. It is so right for a leaf quilt.

Rebekah Smith said...

OH! What a Blessing! To find this fabric that is so perfect for your quilt. I can't wait to see the finished product and the pictures of the tree it will be named after.

Aunt Jenny said...

What a great find!! I am hoping to find a great backing fabric like that for my autumn quilt in my travels tomorrow..going north for the day where there are some good quilt shops!! That one is just perfect. Your quilt is going to be lovely!!!

computerpeach said...

Your quilt is going to be great!!

Susan said...

Love the fabric. It's a great color! This is for the leaf Hour a Day quilt?

Anonymous said...

Too funny - you MUST be from Cape Cod to call Hyannis "the Big City" - same as my Dad.

Cheers!

Evelyn

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10