Thursday, October 26, 2006

Carnival Socks

These I call my carnival socks. In 2003 when I began quilting I purchased a pattern for a quilted sweatshirt. I went to the local quilt shop with the intention of purchasing one in red, gray and black. I ended with some really wild oranges and purples and yellows...... The sweatshirt is not yet done but when I saw this yarn I knew it would be the perfect socks to go with the top. I even bought some dark purple velveteen to make slacks...... Boy, I sure do have enough to keep me busy for many winters............ Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Cute, cute socks! You are so multi-talented.

Mrs. Moody said...

Sounds like you have really been busy lately. Great job!

Hanne said...

You are a wizard with the knitting needles as well - your socks are beautiful :-)
Your leaf quilt looks so good.
Your favourite sewing place looks comfy and good :-)

Susan said...

I had to laugh when I saw your retirement countdown! I couldn't bear to do it until the last few months - and really just did weeks until the last month. The time seemed to speed by anyway!

Cute socks!

Pam said...

They look like they would be fun socks to wear. Now -- on to that sweatshirt.

Aunt Jenny said...

I LOVE those socks! I love that self striping yarn..and sock knitting is one of my favorite things...they turned out just great! I would love to see the rest of the outfit when it is done for sure!!

The Thread and I

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, Do it with thy might.

Ecclesiastes 9:10